Excellence in Diabetes Treatment and Education
The Diabetes Center
The Diabetes Center of Doylestown Hospital is located in Suite 2900 of the Health & Wellness Center, 847 Easton Road (Route 611), in Warrington.
Diabetes Education Classes are recognized by the American Diabetes Association. These comprehensive classes are offered frequently throughout the year. Participants register for a course, which consists of five, two-hour classes.
The sessions are offered during the day from 12 noon to 2:00pm and again in the evening from 6:00pm to 8:00pm. Pre-registration is required. There is a fee, which is billed to insurance.
- Diagnostic criteria
- Self management skills
- Causes of hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia and treatment
- Meal planning including a personalized meal plan and buffet dinner
- Pharmacy lecture
- Risk factors for complications and strategies to avoid complications
Individual appointments are also available for instruction on glucose monitor use, insulin or other injectable administration, gestational diabetes, and insulin pump initiation. Appointments are for one-hour sessions. Insulin pump instruction generally requires multiple visits. There is a fee for an individual appointment, billed to insurance.
- Diabetes Support Group meets monthly except June, July and August.
- Insulin Pump Support Group meets every other month, except July and August.
* Please check the Support Groups for information on support group meeting dates and locations.
Our team of experienced educators includes a Nurse Practitioner who specializes in Diabetes Care,
a RN and RD both Certified Diabetes Educators and a Registered Pharmacist.
Inpatient Diabetes Education
For inpatients at Doylestown Hospital, a diabetes consult can be ordered by a nurse or physician. Consults are individualized. Experts advise the patient or their family members on home glucose monitoring techniques, insulin administration, and signs and symptoms of hyper- and hypoglycemia.