Please be aware that evolving public health guidelines related to COVID-19 may necessitate ongoing modifications to the following information. Doylestown Health remains attentive to changes and flexible to the needs and safety of patients, community and staff.
Doylestown Health is closely following Department of Health and CDC recommendations and guidelines for the identification of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Supplies and Donations
Doylestown Health is very appreciative of the many offers we are receiving to donate equipment or supply materials for the protection of our patients and staff. There is a critical shortage of surgical masks. We, at Doylestown Health, continue to operate at full capacity and desperately need to protect our workforce as we continue to serve our shared community.
Doylestown Health Foundation is compiling your offers for assistance, both in-kind donations of goods and supplies as well as direct contributions of funds. Our staff and patients are grateful for your proactive outreach to us. Your kindness is a powerful and uplifting message for all of us.
Support Doylestown Health’s Response to COVID-19
Doylestown Hospital Erects Temporary COVID-19 Response Facility
Doylestown Hospital has erected an emergency response tent, similar to a hospital field tent, in front of the Doylestown Hospital Emergency Department. The tent was put into service on Monday, March 30. The temporary facility will be used for diagnosis and initial treatment for those with respiratory symptoms suggesting COVID-19.
Stable patients who arrive at the Emergency Department and patients seen directly by community physicians, will be seen in the tent. Community physicians are scheduling visits with their stable patients experiencing respiratory symptoms at the tent as an increased measure to prevent the spread in the community.
There is room to treat 20 patients. Those with mild symptoms will be sent home and those requiring hospitalization will be admitted to the hospital.
RESTRICTED Visitor Policy
Doylestown Hospital implemented a RESTRICTED visitor policy in light of COVID-19.
- NO visitors will be allowed in most patient care areas.
- The only visitors authorized to enter the hospital are:
- Maternity Department: Only 1 visitor per patient
- Pediatric Department: Only 2 visitors per patient
- End-of-Life Care:Maximum four visitors at a time. Visitors must remain in the patient room until leaving the hospital.
- Emergency Procedures: One support person is allowed per patient arriving for emergency care. A support person may wait in a vehicle or will be directed to a first-floor waiting area to keep social distance from others.
Authorized visitors must enter the hospital through the Main Lobby to check in and receive a visitor's badge.
Access to the hospital will be restricted to three locations:
- Emergency Department
- Main Lobby
- Gorsky Atrium (Heart Center)
Elective Procedures and Rehab
- All elective procedures, surgeries and testing are postponed. You will be contacted if you had an elective procedure scheduled.
- Medically-necessary procedures and testing will continue and will be ordered at the physician’s discretion.
- We will be closing outpatient rehab services, but will engage patients over the phone to continue their therapy at home.
Symptoms of COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Symptoms of Coronavirus include:
- Shortness of breath
Testing Guidelines for COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
- Individuals must first be screened to determine if testing is appropriate. The screening questions may change as public health officials learn more about this disease.
- Screening can include questions about fever, cough, or shortness of breath and travel to high-risk areas.
- The loss of sense of smell and taste was recently added to screening questions.
- Anyone who seeks care at the Doylestown Hospital Emergency Department and is appropriately screened may be tested for Coronavirus.
- Drive-through screening is available on the Doylestown Hospital campus. In order to use this service, you must:
- Have been screened by a physician or the Bucks County Department of Health
- Have a physician order for the Coronavirus test
- Be pre-registered by a Doylestown Hospital scheduler
- Hours are Monday through Friday, 8 am to Noon. Hospital schedulers will call patients with date and time.
- The collection of specimens takes place at Doylestown Hospital; however, off-site laboratories complete the testing and report results directly to the ordering physician. Results may be available in a matter of hours or a few days, depending on the lab.
- Patients who were tested and experiencing mild symptoms should stay home while awaiting results.
Guidelines and recommendations from the Department of Health and CDC are updated regularly. Please visit these websites for the most recent information:
Classes and Events
Community education programs and support groups sponsored by Doylestown Health are cancelled. Whenever possible, they will be held via teleconference or webinar.
Childbirth and Parenting Education
In lieu of in-person classes, prenatal and childbirth education resources can be found online.
Learn about online childbirth education resources
Get answers to the most common questions about COVID-19.
Doylestown Health has established a COVID-19 hotline (267-885-1722) or you may email questions to ContactDH@dh.org. Expect a delay in responding to emails, especially during times of high volume. In an emergency, call 9-1-1.
About Doylestown Health
Doylestown Health is a comprehensive healthcare system of inpatient, outpatient and wellness education services connected to meet the health needs of all members of the local and regional community. Doylestown Hospital, the flagship to Doylestown Health has 239 beds and a Medical Staff of more than 435 physicians in over 50 specialties. An independent nonprofit health system, Doylestown Health is dedicated to providing innovative, patient-centered care for all ages.