While onsite classes and events are postponed, Doylestown Health remains committed to bringing quality education to the community. Listen ONLINE to Doylestown Health certified health education specialists and nutritionists, local mental health professionals and other select local professionals as they present important subject matter.
Doylestown Health is pleased to offer several virtual classes in December on a wide range of interesting topics. We also offer an outdoor, socially distanced low-impact exercise and health education activity called Walk With a Doc. There's something for everyone! Learn from the comfort of your own home. Classes are FREE, but registration is required.
Virtual Learning Made Easy
Follow these easy steps to pre-register for a webinar:
- Click on the links below to register for the virtual educational webinars.
- You will receive an email in advance of the class start time containing a link to follow on the day of the scheduled webinar.
- Mark your calendar!
- At the time of your scheduled webinar(s), using a smart phone, tablet, or computer, locate the confirmation email and click the "Join Webinar" link OR "Click Here to Join" link. Please note, some webinars may require a password to join – this can be found in the registration confirmation email.
Marijuana and the Brain
Tuesday, December 1, 2020 – 4:30 to 5:30 pm
Join Christine Roussel, PharmD, BCOP, as she discusses research on the effect of marijuana on the adult and adolescent brain and whether or not the impact is reversible. Registration required.
Unhealthy Teen Trends
Wednesday, December 9, 2020 – Noon to 12:30 pm AND 12:45 to 1:15 pm
Join Dave Fialko from the Council of Southeast Pennsylvania for a discussion on current unhealthy trends among teenagers and how best to keep your child safe. Topics include vaping, phone apps, social media and more. Advanced registration required.
REGISTER ONLINE FOR NOON TO 12:30 PM
REGISTER ONLINE FOR 12:45 TO 1:15 PM
Chronic Pain and Current Treatment Options
Thursday, December 10, 2020 – 6:00 to 7:00 pm
Millions of Americans live with chronic pain such as headaches, arthritis and back pain. While temporary relief may be achieved with medication, chronic pain can persist and feel never-ending. Todd Bromberg, MD, will discuss alternative treatment options, such as stimulators, pumps and more. Registration required.
Walk With A Doc
Wednesday, December 16, 2020 – Noon to 1:00 pm
Walking for as little as 30 minutes per day can improve your blood pressure and blood sugar levels, and reduce your risk for coronary heart disease and many other health conditions.
Each Walk With A Doc Event Includes:
- A brief health discussion by a Doylestown Health clinician
- Stretching activity lead by Doylestown Health physical therapists
- 30- to 45-minute walk around the park and Doylestown Hospital campus
Rain/Snow Date: December 19 at Noon
About Doylestown Health
Doylestown Health is a comprehensive healthcare system of inpatient, outpatient and wellness education services connected to meet the health needs of all members of the local and regional community. Doylestown Hospital, the flagship to Doylestown Health has 239 beds and a Medical Staff of more than 435 physicians in over 50 specialties. An independent nonprofit health system, Doylestown Health is dedicated to providing innovative, patient-centered care for all ages.