5 Facts About Cardiovascular Disease
We all know the basics of heart health; eat right, exercise, know your family history. But, in the everyday rush of life, it can be hard to make the necessary lifestyle changes to lower your risk. Need some motivation on staying on track, read the below facts about cardiovascular disease.
- About 2,150 Americans die each day from heart disease, stroke and other cardiovascular diseases, one every 40 seconds.
- Cardiovascular diseases claim more lives than all forms of cancer combined.
- Nearly half of all African-American adults have some form of cardiovascular disease, 49 percent of women and 44 percent of men.
- Heart disease accounts for 1 in 6 deaths in the U.S.
- Someone in the U.S. dies from heart disease about once every 90 seconds.
(Source: American Heart Association)
Heart Health Pinterest Board
Follow Doylestown Health's Heart Health Pinterest board Health Infographics on Pinterest.
Despite heart disease being preventable and controllable, it continues to be the leading cause of death in both men and women in the United States.
Find a Cardiologist Near You
By posting on the Dialogue Online blog, I understand and agree that my comments will be reviewed and may be removed if they are libelous or otherwise illegal, or contain abusive, obscene, or otherwise inappropriate material. Please do not share personal health or financial information on the blog. I also understand that my comments will be available for view by the public and may be copied, stored, reproduced or disclosed by a third party for any use. For more information, please review the Doylestown Hospital's commenting guidelines.