Renovations to the Pine Run Health Center are complete! Exciting renovations and program enhancements are receiving praise from residents and families alike.
It's like a brand new, 39-year-old building.
Renovations to the Pine Run Health Center are complete. The Pine Run Health Center is located on the grounds of the Pine Run Retirement Community on Ferry Road in Doylestown. The Health Center offers a spectrum of services, including recuperation following surgery, rehabilitation (for instance, after a joint replacement) and long-term skilled nursing care.
The renovation project began in August 2013 after many months of planning, input from more than 30 focus groups, interviews with former and current patients, and consultation with medical staff and families. The goal was to update and renovate the existing healthcare building to create the region's best senior healthcare center.
"With the completion of the Health Center renovation, new generations of area residents and patients will be delighted by not only the physical upgrades to the building, but the remarkable care we are known for," said Cathleen Q. Stewart, Pine Run executive director.
James P. Blore, Jr., MD has made rounds at Pine Run Health Center since 1977 and served as medical director for more than 20 years. "All of the facility and program changes make it easier for people to get better because they';re in a bright, clean and healthy environment. These enhancements help people feel as at home as possible," said Dr. Blore.
View the new renovations
The project includes:
- Centralizing administration and the patient admission center on the first floor to create more resident-focused space on each floor, while making communication easier with hospitals, physicians, and families.
- Creating private rooms and full baths for all short-term rehabilitation patients and most long-term residents to enhance healing, patient privacy, and confidentiality
- Private rooms, secure outdoor patio, and new private dining area available for residents and families in The Garden (Pine Run's secure personal care dementia and Alzheimer's neighborhood)
- Enhancing dining options and systems including an enlarged Market to Go Café, renovated central kitchen, bistro-style dining areas on each floor, and a dedicated service elevator.
- Allocating generous space to rehabilitative therapies and equipment.
By posting on the Dialogue Online blog, I understand and agree that my comments will be reviewed and may be removed if they are libelous or otherwise illegal, or contain abusive, obscene, or otherwise inappropriate material. Please do not share personal health or financial information on the blog. I also understand that my comments will be available for view by the public and may be copied, stored, reproduced or disclosed by a third party for any use. For more information, please review the Doylestown Hospital's commenting guidelines.