In week five of our Well Connected Challenge, we are encouraging you to go on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram and share a photo of your healthy breakfast. By entering the contest you will be entered into a drawing to win a FitBit!
Our goal is to inspire a more vibrant, healthier world for our community. At Doylestown Health, our physicians, nurses and associates strive to get you well and help you stay well. That's why we invite you to join our 6 Week Well Connected Challenge so that you may take a moment to enjoy and share the things that help you to live a full and healthy life.
Each week we will have a new wellness challenge and encourage you to participate. Small lifestyle changes can have a major impact on your overall health and well-being.
Week 5 – Drink a Healthy Beverage
If you’re always looking at ways to eat healthy, also consider what you’re drinking. Every sip counts!
Healthy Choices (0-25 calories)
- Water is the best choice for quenching your thirst as opposed to energy or sports drinks that are laden with sugar and additional calories.
- If you’re looking for something with a twist, try infusing your water with some slices of citrus fruit or mint!
- Sparkling water with a splash of juice is also a low calorie alternative to sodas and is very refreshing on a warm summer day.
- Coffee and tea, without added sweeteners and artificial creamers, are also healthy options for most people.
Drink in Moderation (26-100 calories)
- Beverages that are high in sugar, calories and/or fat should be limited or consumed in moderation include soda, fruit drinks, sports drinks, low-fat or fat-free milk and some coffee drinks.
Drink Sparingly (100+ calories)
- Beverages that are high in sugar, calories and/or fat should be limited or consumed in moderation include soda, fruit drinks, sports drinks, whole milk and some coffee drinks.
- Smoothies should range between 300 and 400 calories as recommended by many nutritionists. To have the healthiest smoothie, it’s best you create it yourself. All you need is a blender, fruit and a base such as water, milk or yogurt!
Note: The above information are general guidelines. Be sure to always consult your healthcare provider for guidelines specific to you and your health.
Follow These Steps
- Follow Doylestown Health on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
- Take a photo of the weekly health challenge.
- Submit it on social media.
- Enter each week!
- Grand Prize FitBit (R)
- 2nd Prize Nutritional Counseling Session
- Weekly Prize Water Bottle
By posting on the Dialogue Online blog, I understand and agree that my comments will be reviewed and may be removed if they are libelous or otherwise illegal, or contain abusive, obscene, or otherwise inappropriate material. Please do not share personal health or financial information on the blog. I also understand that my comments will be available for view by the public and may be copied, stored, reproduced or disclosed by a third party for any use. For more information, please review the Doylestown Hospital's commenting guidelines.