Volunteer With Your Dog
Doylestown Health encourages registered pet therapy teams to apply to volunteer at Doylestown Health.
Teams must be registered with one of the following pet therapy organizations:
Registered therapy teams should review the guidelines and all other information provided. If you are interested in volunteering at Doylestown Health, please call Volunteer Services at 215-345-2204 to request further information and schedule a shadowing appointment with an experienced pet therapy team. Applications are available after completing the shadowing appointment.
Interested pet therapy teams must complete the following application process:
- Application, including:
- Copy of current pet therapy organization registration
- Copies of all veterinary records required by your pet therapy organization
- Copy of current dog license
- Tuberculosis screening and flu shot completed by a Doylestown Health clinician
- Security clearances: PA State Police Criminal Record Check, Child Abuse, and FBI Fingerprint Clearance
- Volunteer orientation
- Animal handler briefing & hospital tour
- Supervised visits with a Doylestown Health animal-assisted activity team master handler
- Familiarity with the assignment and responsibilities of the animal-assisted activity team