Volunteer With Your Dog
Doylestown Health encourages registered pet therapy teams to apply to volunteer at Doylestown Health.
Teams must be registered with one of the following pet therapy organizations:
Registered therapy teams should review the guidelines and all other information provided. If you are interested in volunteering at Doylestown Health, please call Volunteer Services at 215-345-2204 to request an application. Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis.
Interested pet therapy teams must complete the following application process:
- Application, including:
- Copy of current pet therapy organization registration
- Copies of all veterinary records required by your pet therapy organization
- Copy of current dog license
- Tuberculosis screening and flu shot completed by a Doylestown Health clinician
- Security clearances: PA, child abuse, and FBI
- Volunteer orientation
- Animal handler briefing & hospital tour
- Three supervised visits with a Doylestown Health animal-assisted activity team master handler
- Familiarity with the assignment and responsibilities of the animal-assisted activity team