Advanced Endovascular Care, Close to Home
Vascular disease and blood vessel disorders are common among older adults. Doylestown Health's highly experienced endovascular surgeons perform complex open surgeries and minimally-invasive endovascular treatments in a sophisticated hybrid operating room.
What is Vascular Disease?
Vascular disease is any abnormal condition of the veins and arteries that, if left undiagnosed or untreated, can lead to complex health conditions. Blocked arteries can result in poor blood flow to sustain vital structures and weakened arteries that can eventually burst (aneurysms).
Common vascular diseases include stroke, abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA), peripheral artery disease (PAD), carotid artery disease (CAD), pulmonary embolism (blood clots), deep vein thrombosis (DVT), chronic venous insufficiency (CVI), and varicose veins.
Vascular diseases and conditions include:
- Abdominal and thoracic aortic aneurysms and dissections (tears in the wall of the artery)
- Arteriosclerosis (also known as hardening of the arteries)
- Carotid blockages/cerebrovascular disease
- Deep vein thrombosis (DVT)
- Diabetes-related circulatory problems and wounds
- High blood pressure
- Kidney disease requiring dialysis
- Limb Ischemia
- Mesenteric artery disease (intestinal blood flow)
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Peripheral arterial disease (PAD) and limb ischemia (blockages in blood flow that can lead to pain or even loss of limb)
- Peripheral artery aneurysms
- Pulmonary Embolism
- Renal artery disease
- Varicose veins
FIND A VASCULAR SPECIALIST
Treatment options for vascular disease
As part of the vascular surgery team, Doylestown Health vascular doctors
offer the full spectrum of open, endovascular and hybrid procedures to treat vascular disease
. Procedures include:
- Carotid endarterectomy
- Carotid stenting
- Subclavian artery stenting and bypass
- Dialysis access procedures (creation and maintenance)
- Open and endovascular aortic aneurysm repair
- Mesenteric artery stenting and bypass
- Lower extremity arterial stenting and bypass
- First rib resection for thoracic outlet syndrome
- Thoracic aortic stent grafting
- Fenestrated aortic stent grafting
Endovascular Hybrid Operating Suite
One of only a few in the region, the Hybrid Operating Suite located at Doylestown Hospital uses cutting-edge technology for complex minimally-invasive endovascular and open vascular procedures. Within the hybrid operating suite, a multi-disciplinary team of cardiovascular physicians are able to make real-time assessments during complex procedures, immediately translating diagnostic procedures to therapeutic interventions for an improved patient experience.
Doylestown Health Vascular Specialists and Surgeons
Doylestown Health's highly experienced, skilled, fellowship-trained vascular surgeons combine university-level expertise and a team approach to deliver a personalized treatment plan for each patient. The team includes:
- Eisenberg, Joshua A., MD, FACS
- Foley, Paul J., III, MD
- Lotto, Christine E., MD
- Rao, Atul S., MD, FACS
Schedule an appointment with a vascular specialist
Doylestown Health Vascular Surgery is conveniently located in the Pavilion at Doylestown Hospital, offering free parking and easy access.
The Pavilion at Doylestown Hospital
View Location Details