The Doylestown Health Hospice team provides support services to patients, caregivers and loved ones, including:
- Therapy pets: For patients receiving treatment at Doylestown Hospital, they may have the opportunity to receive visits from therapy dogs. Not all facilities offer this amenity, and therapy dogs do not visit a patient's home.
- Volunteers: We have volunteers who will assist with running errands, light housekeeping, play cards and board games with patients who are able and enjoy that, make crafts, and we also have a volunteer who comes to the patient's home to give haircuts.
- Knitters group: There is a knitters group who meets throughout the year to knit blankets. Our volunteers distribute them at the holidays.
- Around-the-clock care: Our nurses are available by phone 24/7, and we have a volunteer who does a check-in call to each family or patient every week. Bereavement volunteers also make check in calls during the 13 months bereavement period.
- Music therapy: We work with a group called the "Comfort Choir" who will make visits to patients in their home or at a facility. They personalize the music to the patient's taste or time of year (like the holidays, for example). They usually sing about five to six songs each visit.
- Caregiver support: We provide support for the entire family including caregivers through support groups, counseling and more.
- Bereavement care: Doylestown Health Hospice provides continuing contact and personal support for families and friends for up to one year following the death of a loved one.