Cancer Support and Survivorship
At Doylestown Health’s Cancer Institute, we recognize that as cancer survivors move beyond treatment, their healthcare needs evolve. As part of our continuum of care, upon completion of treatment, survivors receive survivorship care — an important component of quality cancer treatment, as it identifies important milestones for follow-up and provides patients with resources and information to keep them well.
Survivorship Care Plans
Laura Heacock, MSN, CRNP, is Doylestown Health’s survivorship clinic nurse practitioner. Laura develops a comprehensive and personalized survivorship care plan for each patient, tailored to meet his or her follow-up needs.
Survivorship Care Plans Include:
- Treatment summary
- Potential long-term treatment side effects
- Post-treatment recommendations
- Follow-up care referrals
- Health tips
- Community and educational resources
Additionally, there is one-on-one counseling with each survivor about their specific care plan. Studies have shown that when a personalized survivorship care plan is provided in conjunction with one-on-one counseling, cancer survivors experience better outcomes.
Benefits of Survivorship Care Plans
- Ongoing planning and coordination to assist patients with maintaining their physical and emotional health post-treatment
- Discussing post-treatment needs with a health professional
- Improving quality of care
- Monitoring and maintaining health
- Individualizing survivorship care
To learn more about survivorship care or schedule an appointment, please contact Laura B. Heacock, MSN, CRNP, survivorship clinic nurse practitioner, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-345-2489.