Breast Cancer Screening
The Cancer Institute of Doylestown Hospital strongly encourages women to follow the American Cancer Society’s (ACS) guidelines for breast cancer screening including:
- Breast Self-Exam (BSE) is a self check-up a woman can perform in private and on a regular basis to know how her breasts normally look and feel and to detect any changes. ACS recommends that you discuss with your health care provider whether or not a self-exam is beneficial for you and to learn the proper techniques.
- Clinical Breast Examination (CBE) is a routine examination by your health care provider who looks for changes or abnormalities of the breasts, nipples and under both arms to detect lumps or changes in size, shape, texture or skin.
- Screening Mammogram is an X-ray picture of the breast to check for breast cancer in women who have no signs or symptoms of the disease. A screening mammogram usually involves two X-ray images of each breast which may detect tumors that cannot be felt. Screening mammograms can also find tiny deposits of calcium that may indicate breast cancer. Early detection of breast cancer with screening mammography means that treatment can be started earlier and before the disease spreads.
Learn more about mammography »
Women’s Diagnostic Centers of Doylestown Hospital
The Women's Diagnostic Centers of Doylestown Hospital specialize in the earliest possible detection of breast disease. Our centers offer women the convenience—and assurance—of high quality breast cancer screening mammography and diagnostic services at the hospital or at the Health and Wellness Center in Warrington, PA. Both locations offer women prompt appointments for mammograms and follow up care, if necessary. Women who need additional testing receive personalized assistance from our oncology nurse navigator and cancer care team.
Learn more about the Women’s Diagnostic Centers »
Award-Winning Breast Imaging Center
The American College of Radiology (ACR) designated Doylestown Hospital's Women's Diagnostic Centers as a Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. In addition, we became the first Bucks County hospital to earn accreditation by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers (NAPBC) and voluntarily comply with NAPBC’s highest standards.
Read about Doylestown Hospital’s awards and accolades for breast cancer screening »
3T MRI with Ambient Experience
The most advanced MRI technology available, designed for patient comfort.
- Best image quality available
- Choose your lighting, animation and sound
- More space
- Faster exams
Learn more about 3T MRI with Ambient Experience