Much more than chemotherapy
Infusion therapy is the intravenous (IV) administration of medication. Many medications are designed to be delivered intravenously, or a physician may prescribe IV medications when a patient’s condition cannot be treated by conventional therapies or oral medications. Conditions that may require infusion services include:
- Ulcerative Colitis and Crohn’s Disease
- Autoimmune and Immune Deficiency Disorders
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Sub-acute illnesses such as pneumonia, cellulitis, etc.
Outpatient Infusion Unit Amenities
The spacious and comfortable Outpatient Infusion Unit at Doylestown Hospital offers five private rooms and six open treatment bays with amenities including:
- State of the art devices, equipment, and infusion pumps
- Coordinated care by an interdisciplinary team including physicians, registered nurses,on-site pharmacist, social worker, dietician and pastoral care
- Flat-screen TVs and comfortable accommodations for patients and their visitors
- Convenient location within The Pavilion at Doylestown Hospital
- Easy access from Route 202
Medications available at the Outpatient Infusion Unit at Doylestown Hospital include:
- Antibiotics, Antivirals and Antifungals
- Biologic Response Modifiers
- Blood Products
- Endocrine Testing
- Immune Globulin
- IV Iron Replacement
- IV Electrolyte Replacement
- Targeted therapies for RA, Crohn’s & Psoriasis
- Therapeutic Injections
- Therapeutic Phlebotomy
*The Cancer Institute of Doylestown Hospital’s outpatient infusion unit is authorized by the TOUCH Prescribing Program to infuse Tysabri.
For questions about available infusion medications, please call 215-345-2489.
About the Infusion Therapy Team
The Outpatient Infusion Unit is staffed by registered nurses certified in the care of various central catheters including implanted ports. Nurses collaborate with Doylestown Hospital’s experienced physicians and an on-site clinical pharmacist to coordinate care and communicate with the patient’s referring physician — all to ensure the best possible outcomes. In addition, we offer innovative clinical trials in collaboration with Jefferson's Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center.
Schedule an Appointment
A physician’s order is required for Infusion Services. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please call 215-345-2489.
The Pavilion, Suite 307
599 West State Street
Doylestown, PA 18901