Doylestown Health cardiologists, cardiothoracic surgeons, and vascular surgeons are committed to providing patients access to the newest advances in technology and surgical procedures, ranging from technically-advanced, minimally-invasive valve replacements and vascular procedures to delicate open-heart surgeries to a robust cardiac rehabilitation program.
Nationally recognized by Becker's Hospital Reviewas "Top 100 hospitals and health systems with great heart programs" (2013, 2016), Doylestown Health is proud to be a destination hospital for the highest level of heart and vascular care in the nation.
As a regional referral center, the Richard A. Reif Heart Institute delivers routine and emergent heart disease treatment and prevention services with a personalized approach.
The Future of Heart and Vascular Care at Doylestown Health
Advances in heart and vascular technology and treatment options demand highly-specialized clinical space with state-of-the-art equipment. Building facilities commensurate with the high level of care provided by our expert physicians and nurses are necessary to stay at the forefront of healthcare delivery. For this reason, Doylestown Health is poised to embark on a transformative renovation and expansion.
Doylestown Health Heart and Vascular services provide advanced care with seamless coordination in the following areas:
Doylestown Health Cardiology offers compassionate, responsive heart care using state-of-the-art technology, and provides patient education in a professional, attentive environment. Our cardiologists work closely with family medicine and internal medicine physicians to ensure that patients receive the right treatment at the right time. Practices are conveniently located in Doylestown, Warrington and Huntingdon Valley, PA.
Fellowship-trained cardiothoracic surgeons offer intricate surgical procedures including coronary artery bypass grafting, heart valve repair and replacement, and device implants. Experienced surgeons perform complex surgery for lung cancer patients.
Expert cardiothoracic surgeons provide heart attack care and advanced diagnostic and treatment options for heart patients. Our open-heart surgical teams are available to perform life-saving heart surgery whenever necessary, 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Accredited Chest Pain Center
The Woodall Chest Pain Center is located in the Doylestown Health Emergency Department and is prepared 24/7 to diagnose and treat cardiac emergencies, coordinating care with local ambulance services even before a patient arrives.
Specialists offer advanced, nonsurgical, catheter-based innovations to diagnose and treat damaged blood vessels and heart structures. Highlights include:
- Transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR) delivering a collapsible replacement valve through a catheter into a damaged valve.
- Intra-Arterial Thrombectomy (IAT): A revolutionary procedure where a catheter and mechanical stent are threaded through the groin artery to the clot causing the stroke or brain attack. A retrievable stent then removes the clot to resolve stroke symptoms.
A high-volume, regionally referred center for arrhythmia care, specialists in electrophysiology restore normal heart rhythms with the latest techniques. Success rates consistently meet or exceed national averages. Other highlights include:
- In the nation’s top 20 for experience with cryoablation, an advanced procedure to freeze tissue that triggers an irregular heartbeat.
- One of few in the region to offer the Convergent Approach, combining electrophysiology and cardiac surgery.
- Specialists perform the Watchman Implant ™ procedure, a new treatment option for atrial fibrillation (AFib) that helps prevent stroke in patients who cannot take blood-thinning medications due to bleeding complications.
Heart Failure Program
The Heart Failure Program, recipient of the American Heart Association's highest quality achievement award, supports recovery with:
- Research-based guidelines and devoted program coordinator.
- Lifestyle changes, medications, device therapy, implantable cardiac defibrillators, cardiac rehabilitation and left-ventricular assisted device support.
- Innovation - First in Pennsylvania to use the wireless Medtronic Reveal LINQ Insertable Cardiac Monitor (ICM). Designed for long-term, remote monitoring, it is 80 percent smaller than other ICMs.
This medically-supervised exercise and education program serves patients who have had stents, heart attacks, bypass or valve surgery and heart failure, or who want to slow down, stop, reverse or manage heart disease.
Cardiac specialists work closely with Doylestown Health vascular surgeons who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of complex or routine vascular conditions including interventions for conditions of the arterial, venous and lymphatic systems.
Clinical trials bring the newest therapeutic options to patients. Doylestown Health has a research-based culture with physicians who engage in the latest medical developments while continuing to provide hands-on care. Studies undergo rigorous evaluation for the safety of patient volunteers and accuracy of the data collected. Learn more about cardiac focused clinical trials.
Heart Health Education
- Doylestown Health offers many community programs and events centered on heart health. Including a monthly Walk with a Doc program. Learn more in our Classes and Events Calendar.
- Doylestown Health Nutrition Counseling is available right where patients see their specialty care physicians.
Find a Physician
- Find a physician online or call 215-345-2121 (Monday–Friday, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.) to speak with a referral counselor.