Bereavement support is an integral part of the care offered by Doylestown Hospital Hospice. We provide continuing contact and personal support for families and friends for up to one year following the death of a loved one.
Bereavement support groups are also provided on an ongoing basis to help individuals and families during their time of grief. If you or a loved one live outside of the area, we can assist in locating resources closer to home.
For more information or resources, please use the contact information listed below.
Celia Blum, MSW
Doylestown Hospital Hospice provides support groups and educational programs to provide an opportunity for individuals living with loss to share their experiences. We believe that participants are the true teachers for one another. Hospice staff facilitates all groups and attends all hospice-sponsored programs. While serving and supporting Hospice families is our priority, our programs are open to the broader community as well.
Support groups may include:
- Widow/Widower Support Group
- Young Surviving Partners
- Adult Loss of Parent Support Group
- Morning Meals — Get a jump on the day and join the bereavement staff for breakfast staff for breakfast and the opportunity for conversation and connection with others. Participants are responsible for the cost of their meal. Locations to vary.
- Coffee and Conversation — Join the Bereavement coordinators for supportive conversation in a relaxed atmosphere over your beverage of choice. Participants will be responsible for the cost of their beverage(s). Call ahead for site locations and to register.
- Dinner Diversions — Join the Bereavement coordinators and others who understand the challenges of living with loss and share a meal. Restaurants chosen for Dinner Diversions will have something to fit everyone’s budget. Dinner Diversions will meet at different locations. If you are planning on attending any of the Dinner Diversions, please call 215-345-2079 to register and to learn restaurant locations. Participants are responsible for the cost of their own meal and/or beverages.
- Walk & Talk at Peace Valley Park — Gather for an hour or so of gentle walking and talking with your peers along with the Bereavement staff. We will be meeting at the North Entrance of the Park. If you need directions, please call. Bring some water for hydration and please dress appropriately for the weather and for walking on paved and gravel-covered trails. Note: facilitators are not CPR certified.
- How to be Present for Those who are Grieving — Being there for individuals who are grieving is not as easy as it sounds. Often, we feel awkward and don’t know what to say or do. Join the Bereavement staff for a seminar and discussion which will shed light on the “dos” and “don’ts” of supporting the newly bereaved. Feel more comfortable by gaining insights and information on how to support friends, family members and colleagues through their loss and grief.
We hold a variety of special services and seminars throughout the year to help individuals cope with grief and the loss of a loved one. Programs include:
Who Am I Now?
Join Doylestown Hospital Hospice bereavement staff for an opportunity to gain insight into grief and loss, better understand the grieving process and become familiar with resources and support in our community.
Let It Go
A thought-provoking discussion focused on residual emotions and loss. Do guilt and anger serve a purpose? Do they have any positive benefits? Can we learn to forgive ourselves and move forward? Join us in tackling this challenging topic.
The New Year
Explore the many challenges and changes associated with loss as we enter the holiday season and move into the New Year. In addition to meeting others who are also coping with a new loss, these programs will offer participants education, coping strategies and support.
Explore the challenges and changes associated with loss as we enter the New Year. Meet others who are coping with a new loss, learn and share coping strategies and gain support. There is no cost associated with this seminar.
Moving Forward While Honoring the Past
A seminar focused on coping with the movement of time and life while continuing to grieve a new loss.
Doylestown Hospital Hospice is committed to meeting your needs. If there are programs or services you would like for us to consider, please contact us.
To sign up for special programs and events, please call 215-345-2202.