Doylestown Hospital Hospice puts patients and their loved ones at the center of our care. Our team of multidisciplinary specialists includes physicians, registered nurses, home health aides, social workers, chaplains, bereavement counselors, and volunteers, working together to deliver high quality hospice care.
- Physicians involved in your care will be a physician of your choice along with the hospice medical director.
- Hospice nurses make regularly scheduled visits to patients, providing expert pain management and symptom control techniques. While a patient is under the care of hospice, a nurse keeps the primary physician informed of the patient's condition. Nurses provide a complete spectrum of skilled nursing care and are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Home health aides provide assistance with the personal care of the patient.
- Social workers assess caregiving needs and concerns of the patient and family. They assist with care planning, provide emotional support, and facilitate the use of volunteer and community resources.
- The chaplain offers spiritual support to patients and families and often serves as a liaison between them and their faith communities.
- Bereavement counselors and services are provided and available for families.
- Volunteers make visits to assist with patient care, help with household activities, or stay with a patient so family and caregivers may rest. Volunteers graduate from an intensive training program and receive ongoing training. Many are relatives and friends of former hospice patients who know how much hospice can help.
Contact Doylestown Hospital Hospice
For more information call 215-345-2671.
Upcoming Classes & Events