Safe Haven Newborn Protection
In accordance with Pennsylvania legislation, Doylestown Hospital offers a safe place for unwanted babies.
- Pennsylvania's Safe Haven law allows parents to legally and confidentially turn over unwanted infants up to 28 days old to any hospital as an alternative to abandonment.
- Babies can be handed over to any hospital staff member. As long as the child is unharmed, the parents will not be asked any questions.
- It is recommended that the parent provide medical information for the child, but it is not required.
- A baby turned over to a Safe Haven hospital will receive any necessary medical care.
- The county's children and youth agency will work to find the baby a loving family through the state's foster care system.
- The individuals leaving the baby at the hospital do not have to provide any information about themselves.