Healthy Beginnings Plus
As a new mom, your baby's health depends on you. Mothers who receive appropriate medical care during their pregnancies have stronger, healthier babies. If you cannot afford maternity care services, Doylestown Hospital is here to support you with Healthy Beginnings Plus, a program offering medical assistance for pregnant women in PA–at no cost to you.
There are many women who cannot afford prenatal care. However, Medical Assistance income guidelines for pregnant women are higher than income guidelines for the general population and you may not realize you are eligible. The mission of Healthy Beginnings Plus is to provide prenatal care, postpartum care and other maternity care services to qualified applicants.
Healthy Beginnings Plus staff includes two board-certified OB/GYN physicians, registered nurses, a social worker and a dietician–all with extensive experience caring for women and babies.
Services for you and your baby include:
- Guaranteed appointment availability for early prenatal care
- Laboratory and ultrasound tests
- Education about the normal physical changes of pregnancy, as well as the warning signs of possible complications
- Nutrition counseling
- Assistance with applying for Pennsylvania's Women, Infants & Children (WIC) Nutrition Program
- Educational classes including prepared childbirth, breastfeeding and infant care
- Childbirth and parenting support groups for teen parents held in conjunction with Child, Home and Community (CHC)
- Prenatal vitamins
- Specialized prenatal care for alcohol and drug abuse
- Assistance with referrals to smoking cessation classes and addiction counseling
- Access to Doylestown Hospital's Level II neonatal intensive care nursery with specially-trained pediatricians (neonatologists)
- Support 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Postpartum care visits by a specially-trained visiting nurse
For more information about Healthy Beginnings Plus or to schedule an appointment, please call (215) 345-2400.