Medical Staff, Associates, Volunteers, Health System Boards, V.I.A. Members (With Hospital I.D.) and students affiliated with Doylestown Hospital approved programs are permitted the use of the Library. All others will be at the discretion of the librarian. Please call for details.
The Reference Desk is staffed Monday – Friday 7:30 am – 4:00 PM. Staff may access the library at anytime by obtaining the library key at the North Lobby. Hospital Identification is necessary. Please remember the library is a quiet work area both when staffed and after-hours.
It is the primary mission of The Medical Library to provide current and comprehensive knowledge based information to the hospital, Medical Staff, and Associates. The Medical Library is committed:
- To assure access to knowledge-based information that will support and enhance clinical decision making and excellence in patient care
- To be an on-site information service and accessible reference center which is a fully integrated component of Doylestown Hospital
- To provide a pleasant and efficient environment for study, education, research, collaboration and reflection
- To uphold the mission and values of Doylestown Hospital
- To support the Information Management Requirements for Joint Commission standards for Accreditation
Please visit the list of external sites listed in Meditech or access the Library intranet page. Off-site access is available to ClinicalKey. Please request access by sending an email to the library.
Consumer Health Resources
The Library is not opened to the public. Please use these sites as a starting point in communicating with your health professional for your health needs.
Kidshealth.org Provides families with accurate and up-to-date health information. The web site has separate areas for kids, teens, and parents each with its own design, age-appropriate content, and tone.
MedlinePlus Provides authoritative health information from the National Institutes of Health and the National Library of Medicine on diseases and conditions. Also available are a medical encyclopedia and dictionaries, information on prescription and non-prescription drugs, as well