We would like to make your child's EEG testing as comfortable and pleasant as possible. We understand that most parents wish to stay with their child during the test. The following information will help us do the highest quality test for your child. We would be happy to answer any questions before or after the test.
- Only one parent will be allowed to stay with the child during the test.
- At times, parents may be asked to stay in the waiting area during testing. This is to maintain the quality of the EEG.
- A QUIET and DARK room is the best place for an EEG. ANY talking or movement during the test (by child or parent) can effect the quality of the test.
- EVERY attempt will be made to place your child in a comfortable position for the testing.
- Routine procedures performed during the EEG can include flashing (strobe) lights and breathing exercises. These can change the waveform on the EEG. Any questions about these procedures will be gladly answered BEFORE or AFTER the EEG.
- The EEG technologist cannot give you test results. Only a Neurologist can read this test. You will be given the results as soon as possible.
For further information, please call 215-345-2335, Monday through Friday 7:30am to 3:30pm.