Pulmonary Rehabilitation Exercise Program
How do I know the program is right for me?
- Do you smoke?
- Have a family history of respiratory disease?
- Do you have emphysema?
- Do you have a chronic cough or wheezing?
- Do you use oxygen at home?
- Do you find your energy level has decreased?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, The Pulmonary Rehabilitation Exercise Program may be of benefit to you.
Learn to Breathe Easier
Persons with illnesses such as emphysema, bronchitis, asthma, lung cancer, or any other condition that causes breathing problems can benefit from the program. Your Pulmonologist and Respiratory Care Practitioner will build a plan specifically for you. Personal exercise training along with health education will help you breathe easier.
Throughout your hospital-based program you will learn:
- How to help control your breathing while going about your day.
- How to cope with your condition.
- How your medications work.
- How to use your medications.
- The side-effects of your medications.
- Ways to relax.
- How to eat right.
- How to exercise.
Part of the program cost may be covered by your insurance companies, including Medicare. Check with your insurance carrier about your individual coverage.
If you would like to take part in the Pulmonary Exercise Program, you will need a referral from your doctor.
For more information, please call the Respiratory Care Department at Doylestown Hospital. 215-345-2249.