Breast Cancer Symptoms
It is important to keep in mind that not all people diagnosed with breast cancer have signs or symptoms. However, some of the most common warning signs of breast cancer include:
- New lump in the breast or underarm (armpit).
- Thickening or swelling of part of the breast.
- Irritation or dimpling of breast skin.
- Redness or flaky skin in the nipple area or the breast.
- Pulling in of the nipple or pain in the nipple area.
- Nipple discharge other than breast milk, including blood.
- Any change in the size or the shape of the breast.
- Pain in any area of the breast.
If you have any of the above symptoms, it is recommended that you contact your doctor immediately.
The best way to detect breast cancer it in its earliest stage is to get a routine mammogram.