WHAT IS LSVT BIG®
It is a research based, intensive one on one treatment program targeted for any persons with Parkinson’s Disease or other neurological conditions. It trains people with Parkinson’s Disease to “recalibrate” and recognize when their movements are smaller or slower than they think. People will use what they learn in their sessions to move their body more normally.
- Improve posture
- Better flexibility
- Better movements
- Improve Walking
- Improve Balance
- Increase Trunk Rotation
- Improve Self-care and other tasks specific to the individual (writing, dressing, getting out of bed, or a low chair, job related or recreational tasks)
What does the program entail?
- An evaluation by a Doylestown Health LSVT BIG® certified Physical and/or Occupational therapist
- Intensive 4 week program
- 16 (1) hour one on one sessions with LSVT trained therapist
- 4 x per week
- 4 consecutive weeks
- Participation in home exercise program 2 times per day and daily carryover exercises
- Treatment includes a lot of repetition and progressive challenges to improve consistency of movement
WHAT CAN YOU DO AFTER THE LSVT BIG® PROGRAM?
- Continue your daily exercises to help maintain your gains
- Look at community fitness options-we can provide you with a list
- Schedule “tune-ups” every 3-12 months as recommended by your clinician
Clark Outpatient Rehabilitation Center
Ambulatory Center, 1st Floor
593 W. State St.
Doylestown, PA 18901
Make an Appointment Today