Realize unique tax advantages while making an immediate impact on Doylestown Health through your gift of appreciated securities.
The IRS gives two tax benefits to donors who contribute long-term appreciated securities, such as stocks or mutual funds:
- A charitable tax deduction for the gift’s fair market value if you itemize on your tax return and own the securities for at least one year
- Avoidance of capital gains tax on the transfer
You can leverage the impact of your donation to a greater degree than you can with cash, and receive an additional tax benefit. When you buy low and give high, you make a gift that costs you less than the benefit it delivers.
The value of your gift can be designated to support the leading priorities of Doylestown Health through ONE VISION: The Campaign for Doylestown Health, or to an area of service or program most meaningful to you.
- Endowments: creating an endowment or contributing to an existing one provides Doylestown Health with a permanent, self-sustaining source of income to support top priorities and capital projects.
- Second Century Fund: by designating your gift to the Second Century Fund, you will provide Doylestown Health with the flexibility needed to respond to emergent needs and priorities.
- Campaign priorities: from rebuilding Children’s Village, to expanding and relocating the Women’s Diagnostic Center, to investing in technology and education, the One Vision Campaign is comprehensive by design, enhancing capabilities across the health system. You can designate your gift to any priority that is meaningful to you.