Health Matters Highlights Medical Careers
There are dozens of careers in medicine today, with new ones emerging regularly based on patient needs, technology and the ever-changing healthcare landscape. In this episode of Health Matters with Doylestown Health, we meet five medical professionals and learn about their roles on the talented team at Doylestown Hospital.
This is the first time Health Matters was shot on location.
Watch this groundbreaking episode to learn how each guest got where they are, what it’s like to work in a hospital, and suggestions for those who may be considering a career in medicine.
Our Medical Expert guests:
- Mary Ellen Pelletier, MD - Dr. Pelletier is President of the Doylestown Hospital Medical Staff (the first female president). She is a hospitalist who holds several important positions: physician informaticist, chair of the Order Set Committee and member of the Doylestown Health Board of Director's Patient Safety Committee.
- Bridget McEnrue, BSN, RN, CIC - Bridget is director of Infection Prevention for Doylestown Hospital. Her background includes occupational health, perioperative nursing, and infection control.
- Dave Martens, MS, CES - Dave is the clinical manager of Cardiac Rehabilitation at Doylestown Hospital, a position he has held for more than 20 years. He is certified by the American College of Sports Medicine as an Exercise Specialist.
- Chris Tranchitella, RN, BSN - Chris is a nurse in the Doylestown Hospital Emergency Department. He is currently working toward a Masters in Nursing in Nursing Leadership and Administration.
- Ashley Heidler, BSN, RN, CPN - Ashley should be familiar to regular viewers as the co-host of Health Matters. In this episode, she switches hats and talks about her role with Doylestown Health. Ashley is the Pediatric Outreach manager and a Certified Pediatric Nurse. She is currently pursuing a Masters in Nursing Leadership and Health Systems Management.
Health Matters: Careers
Health Matters: Careers from Central Bucks School District on Vimeo.
About Doylestown Health
Doylestown Health is a comprehensive system of inpatient, outpatient and community services connected to meet the health and wellness needs of all members of the community. Our independent and nonprofit system is dedicated to healthcare excellence from childbirth to end-of-life care.
By posting on the Dialogue Online blog, I understand and agree that my comments will be reviewed and may be removed if they are libelous or otherwise illegal, or contain abusive, obscene, or otherwise inappropriate material. Please do not share personal health or financial information on the blog. I also understand that my comments will be available for view by the public and may be copied, stored, reproduced or disclosed by a third party for any use. For more information, please review the Doylestown Hospital's commenting guidelines.