Cancer Clinical Trials and Research Programs
The Cancer Institute of Doylestown Hospital is a member of the Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG), one of the largest clinical cancer research organizations in the United States, and conducts clinical trials in all types of adult cancers. ECOG is funded by the National Cancer Institute (NCI), part of the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Doylestown Hospital conducts research and clinical trials in collaboration with the Penn Cancer Network. Our cancer care team is proud to offer local patients the most current opportunities and the convenience of participating in these vitally important cancer research programs close to home.
Laura B. Heacock, MSN, CRNP
Oncology Research Nurse
Doylestown Hospital is currently enrolling patients in the following approved oncology protocols:
Breast – Adjuvant
- SWOG S1007: Phase III randomized trial standard adjuvant endocrine therapy +/- chemotherapy in patients with 1-3 positive nodes, hormone receptor-positive and HER2 negative breast cancer with recurrence score (RS) of 25 or less (RxPONDER: Rx for Positive Node, Endocrine Responsive breast cancer)
- SWOG S1202: Women with hormone receptor-positive breast cancer who are receiving AIs and report average pain of at least 4 (out of 10) that has started or increase since initiation of AI treatment.
- ECOG E2112: A randomized phase III trial of endocrine therapy plus entinostat/placebo in postmenopausal patients with hormone receptor-postitive advanced breast cancer.
Breast Cancer – Genetics
U of PA Protocol #376800: Identification and Analysis of Families with Genetic Susceptibility to Cancer
Colorectal Cancer - Metastatic
- E1406: Randomized phase II study of irinotecan and cetuximab with or without vermurafenib in BRAF mutant metastatic colorectal cancer.
Lung - Adjuvant
- ALCHEMIST – 2 STEP STUDY
- A151216: Adjuvant lung cancer enrichment marker identification and sequencing trial. (This study identifies which of the following 2 studies a participant may be eligible for:
- A081115: Randomized double blind placebo controlled study of erlotinib or placebo in patients with completely resected EGFR mutant NSCLC.
- E4512: Phase III double-blind trial for surgically resected early stage NSCLC: Crizotinib versus placebo for patients with tumors harboring anaplastic ALK fusion protein.
- SWOG S0931: EVEREST:EVErolimus for renal cancer ensuing surgical therapy, A phase III study. For patients with renal cell cancer following full surgical resection.
- U of PA –Protocol #703123: Inherited Genetic Variation and Predisposition to Testicular Germ Cell
- SWOG S1216: A Phase III randomized trial comparing Androgen deprivation therapy + TAK-700 with Androgen deprivation + Bicalutamide in patients with newly diagnosed metastatic hormone sensitive prostate cancer. (Opens October 15, 2013)
ECOG E1412: Randomized phase II open label study of lenalidomide R-CHOP (R2CHOP) vs RCHOP (Retuximab, cyclophosphamide, Doxorubicin, Vincristine and Prednisone) in patients with newly diagnosed diffuse large B cell lymphoma.
- ECOG E3612: A randomized phase II trial of Ipilimumab with or without Bevacizumab in patients with unresectable stage III or stage IV melanoma.