Hospitalists at Doylestown Hospital care for nearly two-thirds of all medical and surgical admissions. Hospitalists are specially-trained, internal medicine physicians who work exclusively in the hospital. They do not maintain private practices, but are responsible to admit and manage patients while they are in the hospital.
The Hospitalist Service at Doylestown Hospital was established in 2005. Hospitalists are among the hospital's Medical Staff leaders in the adoption of evidence-based protocols, technology improvement and, most importantly, patient safety and outcomes.
Hospitalist Physicians are complemented by Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistants. All practice with a similar philosophy and share common goals:
- Continuity of care for every patient throughout hospitalization
- Average length of stay is less than 4 days - the same Hospitalist typically cares for an individual patient throughout his or her stay - Accessibility to community physicians
- The Hospitalist Service is enhanced by full participation in Computerized Provider Order Entry (CPOE) - and has a share in its design and development at Doylestown Hospital
- Complete summary within 24 hours of patient admission; complete H&P within 24 hours of patient discharge sent to the patient's primary care physician
Connected to the Community
The Hospitalists connect with primary care and specialist physicians in the community through the Doylestown Clinical Network (DCN), an electronic medical record system that shares lab results, treatment plan and more between the hospital and community healthcare settings.
For community physicians who are not using the DCN, Hospitalists provide a summary of a patient's hospital stay electronically or by fax within 24 hours of discharge.
- Chapnick, Michel, DO
- Fridman, Henrietta, MD
- Gill, Shaun, DO
- Htay, Soe, MD
- Karp, Joshua, MD
- Markazi, Peyman, DO
- Mirsky, Robert, MD
- Pelletier, Mary Ellen, MD
- Polsani, Srilatha, MD
- Reddy, Siddavatam N., MD
- Syamala, Jiji, MD
- Vinnikov, Oleg, MD
- Blackman, Diane, CRNP
- Shank, MaryEllen, CRNP
- Dieterick, Valerie L., PA-C