Inpatient Care for Pediatrics
Doylestown Health's Della Penna Pediatric Center, provides pediatric inpatient care services and is located on the 3rd floor of the hospital. This soothing atmosphere is warm and welcoming, displays colorful artwork and provides a lively playroom.
Board-certified pediatricians, or pediatrics nurse practitioners are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, as well as nurses trained in pediatric care, who are experienced with the needs and concerns of children and families.
A family-centered environment is an essential element in our philosophy of care.
- Secure inpatient pediatric unit with private rooms
- Specialized staff with board certified pediatricians or pediatric nurse practitioners and pediatric nurses available 24/7
- Clinicians certified in pediatric life support
- Outpatient and inpatient medical and surgical options
- Direct access to Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia neonatologists onsite
- Playroom equipped with toys, games, books and more for patients and family members to enjoy together
- Overnight accommodations for parents (in-room with child)
- Expedited access to regional Children’s Hospitals for advanced care needs
- Dedicated pediatric medical equipment and supplies
- Advanced imaging services, including low-dose CT scans and 3T MRI designed to reduce stress or anxiety
- Visits from licensed therapy dogs provided by volunteers from Roxy Reading
Common conditions treated in the Della Penna Pediatric Center include respiratory problems such as asthma or RSV, dehydration, minor fracture/sports injuries or concussion or trauma, fever, pain management, gastrointestinal conditions and more.
Della Penna Pediatric Center services extend beyond the hospital setting to include health and wellness education, nutrition services and other support services within the community.