Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS)
Endoscopic Ultrasound (EUS) is an outpatient procedure that combines endoscopy with ultrasound technology. A special endoscope with an ultrasound attachment used during the EUS procedure to get a more detailed view of the gastrointestinal tract and surrounding tissue and organs.
Using EUS, your physician can diagnose conditions that can be missed by CT or MRI.
Your physician may use EUS to help diagnose many different digestive issues, including the following:
- Evaluating masses of the esophagus, colon, and gastrointestinal tract
- Staging GI cancers and cancers in the surrounding organs
- Diagnosing diseases of the pancreas
- Diagnosing biliary stone disease
- Fine needle aspiration to biopsy the digestive tract or surrounding organs
We offer a broad range of gastroenterology services to the community. Cutting-edge endoscopy procedures are leading to earlier detection and treatment of cancer and other digestive tract conditions.
Call Doylestown Health Gastroenterology at 215.345.6050.