If you or a family member is pregnant, concerned about finances and need additional support, you may qualify for Healthy Beginnings Plus (HBP).
HBP, is a program of the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services. The program’s mission is to provide mothers and babies with quality maternity care throughout pregnancy, labor, birth, and postpartum. It is a known fact that mothers who receive appropriate healthcare during their pregnancies have stronger, healthier babies.
The Medical Assistance guidelines for pregnant women are higher than the income guidelines for the general population, so you may not realize that you are eligible for the HBP program. To participate in the Doylestown Health program, you must live in Bucks, Montgomery or Philadelphia County.
Healthy Beginnings Plus team has extensive experience caring for women and babies. The maternity care and services available include:
- Board-certified OB/GYN physicians who will be available for your care not only during office visits, but are on-call 24/7 and will be there for labor, birth and postpartum
- Registered nurses coordinate your care, provide one-on-one education and are available for any questions Monday through Friday
- Nutrition counseling by a Doylestown Health registered dietician
- Social worker on site for each office visit
- Referrals to area agencies such as: Pennsylvania’s Women, Infants & Children Nutrition Program (WIC); Lenape Valley Foundation; Maternity Care Coalition; Aldie Counseling Center; smoking cessation classes
- Free access to all childbirth and parenting educational programs offered through Doylestown Health’s "Path to Parenthood"
- Access to Doylestown Health’s Level II Intensive Care Nursery staffed by Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia neonatologists (CHOP) and the Della Penna Pediatric Center at Doylestown Health
For more information about Healthy Beginnings Plus or to schedule an appointment, please call 215-345-2400.