Our Della Penna Pediatric Center provides pediatric inpatient care services and is located on the third floor of the hospital. Our Center’s warm and welcoming atmosphere features colorful artwork and a lively playroom for your child.
Board-certified pediatricians or pediatrics nurse practitioners are available to you 24 hours a day, seven days a week, as well as nurses trained in pediatric care.
Our family-centered environment is an essential element in our philosophy of care and includes the following:
- Secure inpatient pediatric unit with private rooms
- Specialized staff with board-certified pediatricians or pediatric nurse practitioners and pediatric nurses available 24/7
- Clinicians certified in pediatric life support
- Outpatient and inpatient medical and surgical options
- Direct access to Children's Hospital of Philadelphia neonatologists onsite
- Playroom equipped with toys, games, books and more for your child and family to enjoy together
- Overnight accommodations for parents (in-room with child)
- Expedited access to regional children's hospitals for advanced care needs
- Dedicated pediatric medical equipment and supplies
- Advanced imaging services including low-dose CT scans and 3T MRI designed to reduce stress or anxiety
- Visits from licensed therapy dogs provided by volunteers from Roxy Reading
In our Della Penna Pediatric Center, we treat common conditions include respiratory problems such as asthma or RSV, dehydration, minor fracture/sports injuries or concussion or trauma, fever, pain management, gastrointestinal conditions and more.
Our Center’s services extend beyond the hospital setting to include health and wellness education, nutrition services and other support services within the community.