As a priority of ONE VISION: The Campaign for Doylestown Health, we are rebuilding our early childhood education center in its original location on the Doylestown Hospital campus. A tornado strike in 2020 caused significant damage to the original Children’s Village building, and forced the program to relocate temporarily to a leased location nearby. Now, a $1.5 million commitment from longstanding and visionary supporters, Jeanne and John Hubbard, PhD, is accelerating completion of the new facility: every gift made towards Children’s Village will be matched—dollar for dollar—up to $1.5 million by the Hubbards.
Every gift is essential, and will allow the program to return to Doylestown Hospital’s flagship campus in a new and upgraded facility incorporating best practices in safety and early childhood learning. Help us bring Children’s Village home so that we can continue this extraordinary tradition of service and excellence in high-quality care and early childhood education.
The new and upgraded Children’s Village design will feature:
- Four infant rooms, four young toddler rooms, three older toddler rooms, four preschool rooms and one kindergarten room
- A multipurpose area for indoor play, assemblies, gatherings and fitness
- Dedicated library space
- Interactive playground and outdoor learning space
- A tech-equipped “smart” kindergarten room
- A dedicated art room and teaching kitchen
- An administrative suite for teachers, staff and care professionals
- Low-impact environmental building design with optimized natural light
- An integrative classroom environment and dedicated learning space
- Enhanced safety and security
Learn more about the project, including live construction updates, on the Doylestown Health Foundation website.
About Doylestown Health Foundation
As the philanthropic arm of Doylestown Health, Doylestown Health Foundation raises funds to safeguard the future of excellence in patient care and to improve the quality of life for all members of the community. Philanthropic support of an ambitious comprehensive campaign, ONE VISION: The Campaign for Doylestown Health, is transforming the delivery of superior healthcare in our community, both in new and expanded facilities, and through advancements in cutting-edge programs and state-of-the-art technologies. Contributions also support bold investments in innovative treatments, process improvements, and community resources to enhance the patient experience well into Doylestown Health's second century of healthcare excellence.
For more information, visit DoylestownHealthFoundation.org or call 215.345.2009.